In our first video for ConnectWise PSA (Manage), we’ll cover how to make a field a mandatory field. This means that a record cannot be saved until the field is properly filled out. This is helpful when building processes with various teams to ensure consistency and reliability in your process.
- Today I want to take you through a video on how to make Fields mandatory in ConnectWise Manage or PSA.
- The first step is to go into your setup tables that is under system à setup tables.
- When that loads you can search for the custom field table.
- You’ll open up custom fields.
- The example that I had was actually from a Reddit post. They’re asking how to make an opportunity field mandatory.
- So you can search for the opportunities option, select that and then all of these little Fields here have a hyperlink on them that you can actually use to adjust these values.
- So let’s say we want to make probability mandatory you can click on that, that’ll open up a little flyout window where you can change the field to make the field required.
- When that is sent, then that will add the asterisks to that field so that it must be filled out by a technician when utilizing the opportunities.
- This can be done on most custom fields or most fields in ConnectWise PSA.