ProVal Tech’s Consultant Alex goes over recommendations to drive space monitoring in your ConnectWise Automate.
Step by Step:
- Being able to detect drive space based on percentage or a specific amount using one of the default monitors.
- Once you have Automate open come over to your automation monitor section.
- Once that opens up look for the DRV or Drive Monitoring you will likely especially if you haven’t done anything custom you’ll likely have these in here minus the top of course.
- If you come down to either the 15 or 2 gig either one is fine definitely do a copy.
- I will hit right click come down to copy monitor let this reload.
- Open up my copy of the same monitor and you do that as we all know because if you update ignite or update anything that could reference this monitor it will just overwrite your settings.
- Once we have it open here definitely rename it so I’ll call it less than 10 percent or 20 gigs that way I just know exactly what it is.
- You can probably rename this to be a little more accurate but one thing it’s really easy to change.
- What you’re looking for is inside of this result section – right now this is saying the drive size minus 10 percent or I should say is calculating 10 percent and that’s what you’re comparing it to.
- One thing we can do is take advantage of a SQL command called least so you just type least in all caps do a parenthesis because you’re going to reference multiple values and so, in this case, I have my 10 value already all I have to do is put a comma and then the gigs that I’m comparing it to it’s kind of a weird way to say gigs but in this case, I’ll just say 20,000.
- I know that’s not exactly 20 gigs but it’s close enough for the example here close my parentheses and so now I have two values of I’m either selecting 10 percent or 20 gigs whichever is the least of those two values that’s what I’m going to alert on.
- The rest of this monitor here it’s referencing the drive letter which is good to have and then we’re looking for anything greater than 16 gigs as a drive anyway and then excluding things that are all of these file types and the drive space, in this case, we’re also doing less than two gigs so I can leave this or I can remove it.
- Of course you do want to leave the and missing here equals zero otherwise you’re going to get false alerts on USB drives that somebody has made may be pulled out .
- If I hit build a view this will run through and anything that’s either 10 percent or 20 gigs well then alert and in this case we have looks like two servers here it tells me what drive letter and then when I come to the alerting just have it set to the default create ticket and you’re good to go.