ConnectWise Automate: How to Disable or Remove a Plugin
In this video, we will be going over how to disable and remove a plugin in ConnectWise Automate.
Step by Step:
- Today I want to go over how to disable and remove a plugin from ConnectWise Automate.
- The first thing you'll want to do is open the plugin manager to do that you can click on system - Solutions plugin manager.
- The plugin manager will show you all the plugins you currently have installed and whether they are enabled or disabled.
- To disable one, you want to select it and either right-click then disabled or simply have it selected and click disabled up here.
- Now that we have this one disabled to remove it what you'll want to do is make sure that it's selected, click on Advanced, go to manage plugins, and remove plugin.
- It'll ask for confirmation to remove it and then you can click yes.
- Now it's disappeared from here the last thing to do to remove this is to reload the database agent which you can do from advanced, reload plugins, and then reload DB agent plugins.
- A quick note on restarting the database agent is that it will cancel all scripts that are currently running or in queue and while it's restarting your Automate will be unavailable for a couple minutes.
- So I'll click no here but when you click yes you'll have a progress bar up here on the bottom left of this window and once that's done your DB agent will be reloaded and Automate will be back up and that's how you disable and remove a plugin from ConnectWise Automate.