ProVal Tech’s MSP consultant Dan shows you how to Create Kaseya Agent Procedures. This Kaseya VSA basic allows you and your team to fully utilize what the program has to offer and will help with the process to automate your workflow. Click on ‘Show More’ to read the step by step transcript to follow along with how to do this in your VSA.
Step by Step:
- First log into your Kaseya VSA and browse the agent procedures.
- Go to the Manage Procedures tab and select schedule and create.
- Select the directory that you want to save the new procedure in and click new procedure in the toolbar at the top of the window.
- A new tab will open with the procedure editor.
- Type a name for the procedure and ensure that the proper directory is selected, then click new.
- You can now begin creating your procedure. You'll note that on the left-hand side are all the statements that you can use in your new procedure, as well as a handy search field to easily find what you need.
- Let's search for shell - we're going to select in this list shell command.
- Once I double click that you'll see that it appears in the procedure editor.
- On the right-hand side you'll notice that you have a list of all the parameters that you can modify for your statement.
- In the command I’m just going to endnotepad.exe this will run a command prompt command to open notepad on the target computer.
- You could do a lot more with agent procedures, you'll see that there are several functions at the top of the screen such as copy, cut, and, paste, delete, insert line, indent, and outdent lines.
- When you're happy with your procedure go ahead and click file and save.
- It does take a while and we do recommend that you wait for that spinning circle to disappear before moving on.
- Now that we've made the procedure we want to make sure that it's working as expected so we can go back to our VSA and sometimes you have to refresh it to see it in the list I usually just swap pages, and then we'll see our new procedure there.
- Now what we want to do is select the machine we want to test it on. (I already have a machine I’d filled out in our filters here so only one machine appears in our list you may have more or less)
- Then we're going to select run now in a few moments you'll see that the procedure will go into effect on the workstation.
- If your procedure doesn't run as you would expect you can go into the Kaseya procedure logs and find out what may be causing that issue to occur.
This tool is a great way to maintain organizations throughout your system while using Advanced Settings by creating individual folders, adjusting who has access to those folders and how to control your ConnectWise Control Settings.