Troubleshooting a Chain Missing/Chain Verify Error in StorageCraft ImageManager. Troubleshooting the common chain missing or chain verify error in ShadowProtect can be done by following the steps outlined in this article. Common issues causing this error can be due to:
- Some backup files of the chain are missing from the target location.
- The chain itself got corrupted [User prone/hardware – bad sectors etc.]
- Image Manager is not able to process the backup files.
- Other possibilities might be due to having files related to virtual boot that are not removed from the backup location.
In order to resolve this error, complete the following steps.
1. Start the processing from ImageManager left Pane.
2. If step one does not help, click on “Stop Managing folder” and then click “Start Managing Folder”. ImageManager will start re-verifying the full backup image. This may take some time to complete.
3. If the above two steps still do not fix the issue, you can refer to the below mentioned KB articles:
The articles cover removing the bad.log file and restarting the related services.
4. Another reason why we may receive such an error is if the files (VM or .spx) created during the Virtual Boot process were not removed.
5. To ensure the backup chain is not corrupt, you can also check the specific incremental image, and validate the mount check on next incremental image file.
In all, following these steps will likely resolve the Chain Missing/Chain Verify Error you are experiencing. If the issue continues to persist, the problem may lie deeper within your backup. It’s best to contact StorageCraft support, as you don’t want to jeopardize the integrity of your data.