ProVal Tech’s Mohit Makkar got the opportunity to attend Kaseya Connect 2016 in Carlsbad, CA, and brought back tons of useful industry insights from the event. Major enhancements, new features & tools, integrations and expansions were announced this year @ Kaseya Connect 2016. With more than 500 attendees from 16 different countries and 23 sponsors/partners from varied verticals like backups, security, documentation and marketing etc, it was indeed a great event.
Here are some of the key highlights and our takeaways from the event:
- Next Generation RMM VSA 9.3 was announced posting direct challenge to other RMM’s like LabTech and N-able etc.
- Much more advanced Live Connect with completely re-architecture with Google material design bringing tough competition to remote access technology companies like ScreenConnect and LogMeIn.
- Much awaited integration enhancements were announces with PSA’s like Connectwise, Tigerpaw and Autotask but posted a threat with BMS “Next generation PSA” announced earlier this year in association with Vorex Technology (PSA Company acquired by Kaseya) made specifically for MSP’s. Available at just one-third of the pricing as compared with other PSA’s and one year free license subscription for customers of former mentioned PSA’s.
- On the security front, plugins for the Latest VSA were launched by two major industry vendors ESET and WebRoot. Also others IT security vendors like Trend Micro announced new plugin with extended features. Kaseya still continuing with the long time alliance with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes with the new advanced modules of KAV & KAM to bring back few lost customers with problematic integrations.
- Addition and enhancements were announced for Traverse for complete Network & System Management, AuthAnvil - Identity as a Service with great features like SSO (Single Sign On), MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) and Office 365 Command - Cloud Application Management providing complete support with Migration, Monitoring, Management and Backup.
- Acronis backup cloud solution was also launched at the event extending the offering in presence of other giants like Storage Craft, Datto and Veeam from the same variant.
- Last but surely not the least integration with the most trusted IT documentation platform provider IT Glue.
Various new features, more integrations and enhancement coming up during the latter half of the year with more tools supporting major necessity of the current timeframe Audit & Compliance and Continuing Improvement with lot of Automation by bring in “Automation Exchange Portal” shortly which aims at increasing the current database of agent procedures to approx. by 30 times as stated Technology itself is the new competition by CEO himself.
Above product line is termed as “IT Complete” complete ERP for MSP’s which are divided based on the key characteristic of revenue generating for MSP’s termed as above the line products which are generating revenues and below the line products dealing with administration like PSA etc. Kaseya ensured more support in both these areas and helping MSP’s to invest the savings of below the line products to develop more competency and hire more techs.
Kaseya was always known to be as closed book in allowing access to the Database but with VSA 9.3 and onwards all developments will be based on REST API services (The REST API enables 3rd party software developers to programmatically interface with the VSA using REST URL requests and responses)
The Kaseya’s new mission statement "We are 100% focused on developing World Class Software solutions for our MSP customers (and internal IT that acts as MSPs) to build managed service offerings to GROW & ACCELERATE your business" goes completely in-line with their latest mantra of “TIMES 20” which means that they aims to help generate 20 times revenue for every MSP of their investments on any product line of Kaseya.
Potential growth opportunities were also highlighted with reference facts and figures even with hefty competition and maturing market ample margins are available. With a promising statement “Kaseya will always remain an open company as long as I'm here” – CEO, Fred Voccola and more “C” (Customer) centric approach displayed by Chief Customer Officer, Alex Cuevas provided every client with a designated Customer Success Manager surely creates/increase the level of trust. Maximum applause were generated when similar continued support was announced for both On-premise and cloud customers.
Focus areas & Key Takeaway’s:
- Both key personnel Chief Product Officer, Mike Puglia and Chief Technical Officer Dana Epp suggests that Audit, Security & Compliance in lieu of Antivirus, Antimalware, Restricted Access, Content Filtering, Firewall Access and combination of all such aspects would help you in mitigating the risks and masters of such services would have an exponential growth opportunities.
- Cloud Management – With this movement major impact would be on managing typical anchor server – Exchange, File, SharePoint etc. but as rightly stated by GM, MSP Market Segment, Miguel Lopez “It’s happening whether you want it or not”. All your customer had or are planning to migrate to cloud and looking for vendors to help. If you are selling it than it’s a Product. Best way forward would be to build, bundle and offer a service around these products and leveraging this opportunity otherwise your competitors will.
- Bringing in more automation to increase margins.
- Network Management
- MAC Machines & Mobile Device Management – New updates and features coming soon during this year including patching for MAC machines through Kaseya
- If you are not a specialist with any service, “Outsource”. Offer a complete package not providing a scope for another vendor.