LabTech attempts to install a patch three times before it “gives up”. When a patch is marked as Missing-Pushed, LabTech will no longer attempt to install this patching during patch windows. Varying reasons can cause a patch to get marked as this, but we need LabTech to try again. Therefore, the Missing-Pushed status must be cleared so that the install attempt counter will reset to zero and the patch will again be pushed to the machine. To clear this status, it is easiest to modify the existing Patches Missing dataview and save it as a new dataview for easy access in the future. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Patches Missing dataview by selecting Operations > Dataviews > Patching > Patches Missing.
- Right click on the column headers and go to Field Chooser and then choosing Hotfix Pushed.
- Move the newly added column over to the far right.
- Click on Options and Save Dataview
- Select the patches you want to reattempt, right click, choose “Hotfixes” and then “Push Again”.
Your patches will now have a pushed status of “Not Attempted” and will be pushed again during the next patch window.